Thursday, September 29, 2011

Parent/Teacher conference

Well, I met with the twins' teacher this morning.  It may or may not have been smart to have had two big cups of coffee and a Sudafed before driving to the school.  That's not my recipe for getting high, it's just my normal coffee intake plus a little allergy problem I'm having.  I only take half a dose of Sudafed because it makes me feel as if I'm hovering a few feet off the ground.

Anyway, I brought about eight of the file folder games I've been talking about, our IPad and a box of Oreos, in case the teacher wanted me to demonstrate what either twin can do in the presence of the right sandwich cookie.  Their teacher greeted me and mentioned in the first ten minutes that she has ADHD and has been having hot flashes.  Between the two of us it was a pretty hyper and disjointed conversation.

It started out with her saying how surprised they were when one morning G. did an alphabet puzzle all by himself.  What the what?  Here we go again, I thought.  So I pulled out my file folders and gave her the Oreos, and now I'm just hoping that G.  does me proud and actually shows some of what he can do.

There was more chit-chat, but the gist of the meeting was that the twins can do more than they'll let on, and we're going to work together to get them to do some of it at school.  I know this teacher means well and is very motivated, so I'm hoping for the best.

Now if I can just figure out the secret of getting B. to show what he really knows.  One thing I'm trying (only with G. so far because he can use the computer mouse ):
"Teach Town Basics"

TeachTown Basics Classroom
It's not cheap, but the boy can do it.  If I got a touchscreen, I think B. could, too.

1 comment:

mjsuperfan said...

I'm not getting paid for endorsing any pajamas, software or cookies.