Friday, August 29, 2008

What's happening today:

- thinking about having a Gustav-inspired evacuation drill to our friends' house in Austin. It doesn't seem to be heading toward us, but we can't forget the 25-hour Rita evacuation nightmare.

- today the twins walked into and out of school under their own power (granted I did park in the handicapped spot, but it's still progress!)

-the para-professional is my new best buddy--walked us to the car, gave me details about their day, etc. Talked to the teacher briefly, but not enough. Must remedy this situation!

- J. seems to have a nice bunch of kids in his Pre-K class this year. Apparently his teacher had a very tough class last year and they are trying to give her a break. I'm glad that having J. in a class is considered a "break".

- most exciting of all: got to talk on the phone with one of my heroes, Susan Senator!

2 comments:

burgiboogie said...

Way to go kids!! One small step for the twins:) I am so glad the aide talked to you. My son's aide is probably more important than the teacher being that she is with him more throughout the day.

It is wonderful that J is a low key kid! I know I am always surprised when I pick up my 2 year old, and there are no big issues to discuss.

I am so jealous you talked to Susan Senator! I love her stuff!!

Casdok said...

Sounds like a full on day! :)