Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back at home


The trip to Rhode Island went well. All my worries were for naught, although there was one phone call home when my husband sounded like he might either cry or fall asleep at any second.

Block Island was beautiful, my friends were as funny and relaxing as always, and I hope we will do it all again next year. It was the strangest feeling to be able to sit around, with a glass of wine in my hand and just chat.

B. actually expressed the most emotion about my being home. He sat in my lap and gave me a long list of his grievances, or that's what it sounded like he was doing. Several times the first evening I was home, he started to cry and wasn't happy unless I held him. All three boys looked taller than I remembered them, and J. seemed to have matured in the five days I was gone.

It was good for me to find out that the family can survive without me for five and a half days. And it is very, very, very good to be home!

The "chicas con sombreros", exhausted but happy, waiting for our ferry:

3 comments:

Niksmom said...

Sigh...maybe one day I'll find out what it's like for my family to get along without me for a few days!

Glad you had a great time! :-)

kristen spina said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a great time!! Hooray!!

Niksmom said...

When you get around to the duct tape with the twins...email me. I have some (hopefully) useful tips that we learned the hard way!

niksmother at gmail dot com