Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

About a year ago, B. was in a stage when he would complete the lines of some familiar songs..."Old McDonald had a ...", and a few others. I used to love hearing his voice sing those words. I didn't like to push it too much, but it was so nice to hear the sound of his voice. He doesn't fill in words as much as he used to, only once in a blue moon.

Every night lately, the boys have been listening to songs from Winnie the Pooh movies, sung by Carly Simon, as they fall asleep. Usually we play it several times before they actually go to sleep. This morning, B. was upset about something, and I started singing Winnie the Pooh to him. A few minutes later I recognized him singing "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh" a few times. It sounded like "Weee ah pooh". And this afternoon he sang some syllables that sounded like "tubby little cubby". This was all very faint and garbled, but so wonderful to hear.

When I hear him singing a string of words, it makes me wonder what it will be like to hear him speak in phrases or sentences. I believe it will happen, in its own time. Meanwhile I enjoy the singing and babbling and whatever else he has to say.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Little words are so precious

Mom without a manual said...

Ah, Pooh Bear! I love those songs! And yes, I imagine it is music to your ears!!!

Casdok said...

Magic!! :)