Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Random Things Meme

Eight random things...how hard could it be? But this meme is giving me writer's block. I was tagged by Niksmom of Maternal Instincts...Flying by the Seat of my Pants http://maternal-instincts.blogspot.com/

1. I had given up on having biological kids when I had the unbelievable good fortune of becoming pregnant with the twins. We were in the midst of adopting J., and I was thrilled to death about getting his referral. Getting pregnant was not the plan, and threw me into turmoil (and that was before I knew it was two!!) It has all turned out wonderfully, if totally nuts.

2. I started college as a German Literature major (!?), graduated as an English major, but have spent my whole career teaching young children. I finished my masters in Special Ed. five years before I had kids.

3. For the last week, I think a third of my caloric intake has been Golden Oreos. I keep buying them because they are a great reinforcer for ABA (or so I say)

4. My favorite place in the world is anywhere on the New England coastline.

5. During the evacuation for Hurricane Rita, we spent 25 hours in the van, with three boys under two and a dog, driving to Austin, which is usually under four hours. In Austin, we stayed with a fantastic family who were great with the boys, and who have a huge collection of Brio trains.



6. If I could start a business, I'd have a coffehouse/bookstore, with readings or live music in the evenings.

7. I love to watch travel shows, but I'm not crazy about traveling. Going to Nova Scotia, which I love, is a big deal for me.

8. My husband and I lived in the same city for years, and went to some of the same watering holes, but were introduced by a friend when I lived in Massachusetts and he lived in Maryland. We had a long-distance romance, and bonded by discussing the first season of Survivor by phone.

I have to find eight bloggers who haven't already done this meme, and then I'll do the tagging part!

2 comments:

burgiboogie said...

25 HOURS in a van with three babies and a dog!!!!
I am not sure that would not count as a hurricane:)

Maddy said...

EVERYBODY has already done it! And I'm with the first commentator - you deserve an award!
Cheers