Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Busy Days

The usual quick update:

My sister from Boston is visiting again, and getting all kinds of things done! She is one of those people who likes to organize, so I guess she got the gene which is totally absent from my DNA. My pantry is organized, my box of kids' socks is organized, and moments ago she disappeared into the garage to take a shot at the floor of the mini-van.

She also made it possible for my husband and I to go out for dinner (Thai food, ahhhhh), which we haven't been doing enough.

G. has decided that he likes his new OT and SLP, which is great. Now he cries as we leave instead of as we get there, which isn't ideal, but it's an improvement.

B. is doing a little bit of imitating, which is a really hopeful development, because it could make it so much easier for him to learn so many things. He suddenly learned to sign and say "clothes", which is funny because he spends a lot of time taking them off. I wasn't making any effort to teach him that word or sign, but he picked it up from a DVD.

This weekend is my scrapbooking retreat at a B and B. I haven't been apart from all three of the boys at once except for one single night. It'll be good for all of us, but I'm a little nervous! Not that nervous,, though, mostly excited. I scheduled a massage, and I plan to spend a big chunk of the weekend either in the shower or lolling around in bed. And, oh, yeah, some scrapbooking.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Enjoy your "me time"
I know I need some

KAL said...

That's great! I wish I could join you on your scrappin' retreat... sounds like fun! Enjoy.

Niksmom said...

Ooh, I am soooo envious! Um, could your sister "swing by" DE on her way back home? I could use some organizing!LOL

A date w/hubby? A night away AND a massage?? I am holding bcak tears of envy. ;-) HAVE A BLAST!

Maddy said...

Lolling! Lolling? Well I really don't know about that. Are you sure you can still do it? Have you forgotten how? Happy practicing.
Cheers