Sunday, December 11, 2011

Articulation sneaking up on you

Sometime between last Christmas and this Christmas, B. can sing songs with perfectly recognizable words. It struck me when I heard "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"' turned around looking for G., and found myself looking at B. How could that clear little voice be coming out of B? When did this happen? They both are so musical, and it is such a joy. My husband, who has a harder time dealing with the twins' autism, has been takinf B. to a guitar store to try out instruments. There is an employee who also has two boys with autism, and apparently he's very understanding. My husband looks so happy when they come home from those outings. He's planning to get the boys a drum set for Christmas. I'm very glad they've found this common ground. Not so excited about the drum set, but I'll live with it. Well, this started out being about articulation, but it's all related. Music therapy, for kids and grown-ups.

2 comments:

Threecottontops said...

Wow, that's exciting! We don't hear as much about autism and Dad's, I'm glad they are finding some common interests. I do not envy you the drum set though;)

Marc Calderwood said...

cool