Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Knock on Wood


I feel superstitious about blogging this...is it real?

B. is having a mini language explosion. He is using words to ask for things, usually repeating what he has just heard, but also saying things spontaneously, some of the time. In the past he has sporadically come out with surprising things ("kite!", "clothes", "boy" and so on). This is much more consistent, and he is saying the words to us, rather than to himself.

He's excited about his new powers, and wants to be able to do more. He'll come up to me and "talk" in a perfect imitation of the dog from Blue's Clues. I talk back to him the same way, and we have happy little exchanges with all the intonation of English, but no actual words.

Sending out a big thank you to the universe!

7 comments:

burgiboogie said...

Yeah B!! That is so great, I can imagine he is very proud:)

Niksmom said...

Ooh, I ma knocking on wood both for you and with you! I totally understand not being sure if you can rely on the forward motion to continue in such a big way. I hope it does! :-)

Angela said...

That is great. Communication makes such a difference
Smiles

KAL said...

That is just wonderful news!

California Supermom said...

Horray! How wonderful. And I love what you said about the 'powers'. Good for him and you!

Take Care

Judith U. said...

So happy for B! :)

Angela DeRossett said...

Yeah!!! Congrats! I know that was one of the best feelings for us. My son started talking (after losing speech at 18 months) after he turned 3. Hope your little guy keeps up the great work!!