Sunday, September 16, 2007

Had a better day

Today my hope is creeping back. We went to church, and B. did great--walked from the car into the classroom, tried to color with a marker, didn't cry much, and so on.

Then J. and I took two toy fishing poles and went "fishing" at a local park. It was very relaxing. The only way I can possibly enjoy fishing is to be absolutely certain I won't catch anything. The thought of actually having to do something with a poor, panicky fish is not my idea of recreation. We had magnets on the end of our lines, so I felt pretty confident.

Right now we are experiencing the miracle of three kids asleep at the same time, and I'm going to go watch an episode of "The Office" (American version). My "Office" dvd's are my favorite couch-potato escape these days. I watch everything: the deleted scenes, the commentary, everything. I just love that show.

Thank you to Burgiboogie for letting me know that you can put four-year-olds in strollers! I should be in really good shape by that point, considering that they are already pretty hefty.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Three sleeping kiddie winkies! Star! Can't say I approve of the Office though. Now if it was the terribly funny British version then that might be different!
Cheers

Christine said...

Oh, I'm so glad things are looking up! I DO believe you are at the hardest part of it. I remember Oliver doing exactly what you describe (going limp, laying down and bolting) at that age and I was heavily pregnant. It was exhausting and stressful. But things have gotten so much better for us and they will for you too!

Now if only you could send me some of whatever you give you kids so that they all sleep! THAT is impressive.

burgiboogie said...

Glad things are a bit better! I love watching TV once the kids are in bed, I can not wait for the new shows to start.