Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little about B.


Today we had the little boy from next door over. B. seemed to be following him around somewhat. Then, three different times, B. picked up a paper hat that J. had made in Pre-K, and put it on the neighbor boy's head. He has never, ever done anything like this! After that he lost interest, but I keep thinking about it.

I feel so excited about this and I have to admit, I needed a pick-me-up in that department. Seeing the other kids in the twins' PPCD class, I am realizing how easily this type of thing would come to all those kids. In that class, the twins seem so, so far behind socially. But I try to remember how cuddly B. can be with adults, and how he'll look into my eyes and smile. I love him just as he is, but once in a while I get a jolt of reality when I see other kids, even kids with special needs. Can't think of any wise insight to end this post, but he is always the sweetest boy (along with his brothers) that I can imagine.

2 comments:

KAL said...

Oh, I definitely can relate to this. You're not alone with these feelings. Cherish these moments, they're great and a sign that there's so much more going on inside than we realize. Sending you a hug even so because I do know that every now and then it hits you when you think you're okay. (at least it does me).

Christine said...

I can relate, too. I don't think of Oliver as being "severely" impacted but that is because I know him from the inside out and on he inside he is just lovely. But other people see him that way. I try not to let it bother me but sometimes it does.