Tuesday, September 16, 2008

After Ike

Despite my cavalier attitude (aka denial), Ike was a real hurricane, as anyone who has a TV knows by now. Our house is okay, but we haven't returned due to lack of power, and now lack of good drinking water. Hopefully going home tomorrow. Everyone I've been in touch with came through okay, with just some damage to their homes. We are very grateful that our neighbors and friends didn't get hit too hard. I feel especially bad for those people who are just barely making it financially, and then get hit with this. Luckily, on the post-Katrina Gulf Coast, aid arrives a lot more quickly than it used to.

2 comments:

Niksmom said...

Breathing a HUGE sigh of releif that you all came through okay and have a home to return to. Whew.

burgiboogie said...

I am so glad you guys are okay, and your house is in tact as well. I hope the boys are handling it, if it were us we would be going nuts:)