Monday, January 29, 2007

No longer "on the verge"

For reasons mostly having to do with my husband worrying about me, I'm no longer blogging as "momontheverge". That had just popped into my head when I first started commenting on blogspot. I was thinking of the movie "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown", and meant it as humorous. Not that it didn't seem pretty apt. At that point I was sleeping between three and six hours a night, and feeling pretty loopy. I've calmed down quite a bit since then.

Anyhoo, I want to mention how sweet and giggly B. has been the last few days. And not just the kind of giggly that he gets in the middle of the night, or when the credits of a movie start scrolling past. He'll look right into my eyes and giggle back and forth with me. We took him off milk a little while ago, but he keeps getting hold of G's sippy cup, so I don't know if I could point to that as the reason.

On an unrelated note, I had resolved to start getting up at 6:30 and walking the dog, figuring this would reduce B's tendancy to run through, jump in or sit in the doggie waste which we have failed to spot and clean up. I was up, dressed, and feeling oh, so, virtuous when it became clear that the dog did not want to be walked. The dog had jumped up onto my side of the bed, where it was nice and warm, and she was not going to budge. Maybe I can get up at 6:30 and patrol the backyard with the "pooper scoop". Somehow that's less appealing.

1 comment:

Mom without a manual said...

Smart dog! I can't blame him. I can barely drag myself out of bed and am not sure I would have your will power to do it.

But then it might make for a nice walk to clear your head before the day starts...maybe you should have a heart to heart with the dog and explain that this is what Mommy needs. Good luck with that!